Putting on false eyelashes 101
Putting on false eyelashes sounds more complicated than it really is. To make your eyes the star feature of your holiday makeup, follow these easy steps to making your eyes so sumptuous that Santa will fall off his sleigh!
- If this is your first experience with false eyelashes, choose a type that is light and easy to wear, such as half-lashes.
- Gently peel the false eyelashes off their tray, making sure that they keep their perfectly rounded shape so that they will match the curve of your eyelids.
- Place a drop of lash adhesive on the back of your hand, pick up the drop with the tip of the handle of a small brush (an eyeshadow brush, for example), and apply it to the band of the lashes, being a bit more generous at each end.
- Don’t forget to place the false eyelashes the right way to get the desired effect: the shorter hairs should be at the inner corner of your eye and the longer ones at the outer corner.
- Begin with the inner corner of the eye and position the false eyelashes on your eyelid as close as possible to the base of your natural lashes. Stick them in place by tapping them with the tip of your brush; this will be easier to do when your nails are freshly manicured!
- Finish up by applying black mascara to blend the natural and false lashes and create an effect as sparkling as the season!
A pro’s tip: Always apply false lashes as the last step in your makeup routine, for that final magical touch!
Other beauty tips and tricks (in French only) at www.misspoudrette.com.