Advate inj.powder 250iu
This drug is usually administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a health care professional. Specialists have established various protocols for the administration of this drug. The dose and method used to administer this drug have therefore been tailored to your specific medical condition.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause a general feeling of weakness;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may reduce your blood clotting ability;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.