Anusol HC rectal oint. 0.5+0.5%
This medication contains a topical anti-inflammatory drug from the cortisone family (corticosteroid). Typically, it is used for hemorrhoids. It requires several days to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is to be applied on the skin and/or rectally. To use:
- clean the affected area;
- apply sparingly, and limit the application to the affected area;
- if you are using this medicine inside the rectum: attach the applicator to tube, insert the applicator into the rectum and squeeze tube gently to apply.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
Continue applying the product to complete the prescribed course of treatment, even after improvement is seen or felt. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Cortisone products can thin the skin and increase the risk of skin infections. Do not use for longer than necessary.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause local irritation.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.