Apo Cefepime inj.powder 1g
This medication contains an antibiotic from the cephalosporin family. Typically, it is used to treat infections. It requires several days to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This drug can, on occasion, be administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a doctor or a nurse, but can also be used at home. If you are taking this drug at home, make sure that the health care facility overseeing your treatment has provided you with all the necessary information regarding its administration. It is very important that you comply with the directions for use to fully benefit from the effects of this drug and to limit any adverse reactions.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
Respect the provided storage instructions for this product. If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.