Dapsone tablet 100mg
This medication is typically used for the treatment of an inflammatory skin condition known as dermatitis herpetiformis. It may also be used for the prevention of malaria, for the treatment of leprosy, for pneumonia caused by a germ known as pneumocystis, as well as for other uses. It requires several days to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, a treatment with this medication lasts several days. Take it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication may be taken with or without food.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.