K Exit oral powder 1meq/g
This medication is typically used for an excess of potassium in the blood. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few days.Find a Pharmacy
This product must be used according to the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. For more information, read the instructions in the package carefully.
Do not take any medication in the 3 hours preceding or the 3 hours following the use of this resin. The resin could greatly reduce the absorption of other drugs.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. To ensure exact dosage, measure each dose with an accurate measuring device.
To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking an antacid at the same time. This medication contains sodium. Consider this intake if you are on a low-sodium diet.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting.
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.