Medroxyprogest Inj injectable 150mg/ml
This medication is a hormone. Typically, it is used to prevent pregnancy. It may also be used for endometriosis.Find a Pharmacy
This product is usually injected into a muscle (intramuscularly) by a health professional. The injection may be sore for a few days.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- menstruation may stop during treatment with this medication;
- it may cause your breasts to feel swollen and tender;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may affect your appetite.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate or allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.