Mylan Atomoxetine capsule 40mg
This medication is typically used for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It requires a few weeks to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This pharmacologic treatment should be an integral part of a global treatment program that could include supportive psychological, educational or other measures.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. The capsule of this medication should not be opened, crushed or chewed.
This medication may be taken with or without food. If it were, however, to cause stomach problems (nausea or irritation), taking the product with food could provide relief.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may increase your heart rate;
- it may cause mood swings;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may increase your blood pressure;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.