Mylan Minocycline capsule 100mg
This medication contains an antibiotic from the tetracycline family. Typically, it is used to treat infections or for acne. It may also have other uses. It requires a few weeks to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Because it may cause esophageal irritation, this product must be swallowed with a large glass of water. Avoid lying down for at least 30 minutes after taking it. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food. It is best to avoid coffee, spicy food or alcohol.
To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking an antacid within 2 hours (before or after) of this medication. Also avoid mineral supplements (calcium, iron, magnesium or zinc).
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause vaginitis in woman.
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to UV rays (e.g., sunlight, tanning lamps) - avoid exposure to UV rays as much as possible and protect yourself when out in the sun;
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.