Aimovig inj.syringe 70mg/1ml
This medication is typically used only once a month. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time. Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this.
If you forget a dose, the injection should be administered as soon as possible and next injection dose should be planned after 1 month to reassume normal schedule.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
Keep this product in the refrigerator. If stored at room temperature, it will remain effective for 14 days only.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.