Nabumetone tablet 500mg
This medication is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Typically, it is used for the relief of osteoarthritis or for rheumatoid arthritis. Its effects can be noticed within a few hours.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Depending on the treated condition, it may be used regularly or only as needed. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food. It is best to avoid coffee, spicy food or alcohol.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may increase your blood pressure;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is not recommended to combine this drug with another antiinflammatory. Carefully check for the presence of ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve) or diclofenac (Voltaren Emulgel) on drug labels.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.