Ametop gel 4%
This medication is typically used to numb the skin before a procedure. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.Find a Pharmacy
Ensure that the area to be covered is clean and dry. Apply a thick layer on the affected area and cover it with a bandage. Do not apply it to skin that has been cut or scratched.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause itching at the site where the medication is used;
- it may cause local redness.
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
Keep this product in the refrigerator. If stored at room temperature, it will remain effective for 30 days only.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.