Dovobet gel 500+50mcg/g
This product is a combination of drugs. It contains, among other, an anti-inflammatory drug from the cortisone family (corticosteroid). Typically, it is used for psoriasis. It requires several days to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
The product in the bottle should be shaken before each use. The product with an applicator does not need to be shaken.
The product with an applicator has to be assembled and primed before the first use. To prime, gently push up on the center of the plunger while squeezing the lever until you see gel at the nozzle tip.
This product is to be applied to the skin. To use:
- apply a sufficient amount of product and limit the application to the affected area;
- rub it in gently with your fingertips or with the applicator.
Whipe the applicator with a dry tissue after use.
If this product is to be applied to the scalp, you don't need to wash you hair before applying it, and do not wash them immediately after. Rub it in gently with your fingers or the applicator.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
It is not advisable to bandage or cover the treated area.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- occasionally, it may cause stinging and/or itching;
- it may cause local redness;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible;
- it may cause local irritation.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Once opened, the product must be used within 6 months. Any unused portion should be discarded.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.