Wart Remover top. liquid 17%
This medication is typically used for the treatment of skin warts. It may also be used for corns and calluses, as well as for other uses. It requires several days to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
Directions for use:
- at bedtime, soak the warts in warm water for a least 5 minutes;
- dry the area well and remove excess white skin on the warts with a pumice stone or nail file;
- protect the skin around the warts by applying some petroleum jelly or nail polish;
- apply the product to each wart;
- cover the wart(s) with a dry plastic bandage and keep covered for 24 hours.
This product is very irritating to the skin. Make sure that you apply it only to the warts, and wash your hands after use.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- it may cause local irritation.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.