Aa Clozapine tablet 100mg
This medication is typically used for certain mental disorders (psychosis). It may also be used for the treatment of behavioural disorders associated with dementia. It requires a few weeks to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first.
If you have stopped taking the drug for more than 2 days, contact your doctor or pharmacist for dosing instructions. This medication may be taken with or without food.
This product may intensify the effect of alcohol. Limit alcohol consumption to an occasional intake.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may lower your white blood cell count, which can lead to fever, shivering, sore throat or infections -- if you experience any of these symptoms, contact your doctor right away;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause excessive salivation.
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause weight gain, mostly with prolonged use;
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
Blood tests must be done regularly while using this medication. A blood test will indicate whether your treatment is having the desired effect. It will also provide the necessary information for adjusting the dosage to the lowest effective dose, thus decreasing the risk of side effects. Be sure to keep all your appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.