Adasept BP gel 5%
This medication is typically used for acne. It requires several days to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is to be applied on the skin. To use:
- clean the affected area;
- apply a small quantity, and limit the application to the affected area.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
This product may discolour hair or clothing that it comes into contact with. Use caution when applying it.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to UV rays (e.g., sunlight, tanning lamps) - avoid exposure to UV rays as much as possible and protect yourself when out in the sun;
- it may cause local irritation.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.