Emla cream 2.5+2.5%
This medication is typically used to numb the skin before a procedure. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.Find a Pharmacy
Ensure that the area to be covered is clean and dry. Apply a thick layer on the affected area and cover it with a bandage. Do not apply it to skin that has been cut or scratched.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
- it may cause local redness.
- it may lighten the colour of your skin;
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Once opened, the product must be used within 30 days. Any unused portion should be discarded.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.