Kalydeco Packet granule pack 50mg
This medication is typically used for cystic fibrosis. It requires a few weeks to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. This product must be used according to the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. For more information, read the instructions in the package carefully.
If you forget a dose and there is more than 6 hours left before the next dose, take immediately the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. This medication is more effective if taken with high-fat-containing foods. Always take it with a meal or a snack that contains such products.
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice during your treatment. Grapefruit can seriously affect how this medication works.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause nasal irritation or stuffiness;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause sore throat;
- it could make you more prone to respiratory infections.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.