This medication is typically used for the treatment of head lice. It may also have other uses.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is to be applied to the hair. To use:
- apply to DRY hair;
- work the medication into the hair;
- leave on for 10 minutes;
- lather with a bit of water, then rinse it off thoroughly.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
After treatment, comb your hair carefully with a fine comb to remove all nits. This is easier if the hair is wet. Thoroughly clean any materials and clothing, including hats and scarves that may have been in contact with the lice. Wash these items in warm water or have them dry-cleaned.
This medication is typically used as a single application. This medication is to be used once and then again 7 or 9 days later. Follow the instructions provided by your pharmacist.
To avoid reinfection, thoroughly clean and vacuum the entire house. Wash the bedding and clothing of the person who has been treated. Also, wash all used bath towels and dry them in the dryer for at least 30 minutes.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause local irritation.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your health care professional. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
This product does not require any specific storage precaution. Make sure that it is not confused with other non-medicated shampoos.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.