This medication is typically used to relieve migraines. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.Find a Pharmacy
For greater effectiveness and faster relief, use this product at the first sign of a migraine.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice during your treatment. Grapefruit can seriously affect how this medication works. This medication may be taken with or without food.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause drowsiness -- use caution when driving.
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your health care professional. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.