From your skin and makeup to your colour-treated locks and nails, here are 10 product suggestions (and a few pro tips!) to freshen up your beauty routine.
Revamp your daily skin care routine
Follow these two golden rules:
Keep it simple. Applying too many active ingredients to your skin can over-stimulate it and cause redness, breakouts, or itching. To avoid this, use the following three products, morning and night:
- A cleanser that will gently remove oil, impurities, and makeup.
- A toner or serum that will target your skin’s main needs: hydration, radiance, reduction of signs of fatigue or aging, etc. (These needs may vary depending on the time of year.)
- A moisturizer in the form of a cream, gel, or fluid that will lock in moisture and help protect your skin from harsh environmental factors.
Reminder: Apply sunscreen every day! This step is crucial. UV rays can damage your skin even when it isn’t warm or sunny.
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. Developed in collaboration with dermatologists, this ceramide-enriched product cleanses and quenches your skin without altering its natural protective barrier.
- Hyalu B5 Anti-Aging Serum from La Roche-Posay. The hyaluronic acid in this serum gives your skin an extra dose of hydration and helps with toning and radiance.
- LiftActiv Collagen Specialist from Vichy. Formulated with peptides, this treatment is specially designed to offset the effects of collagen loss: it maintains the suppleness and firmness of the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
Re-stock your makeup bag
Think efficiency! Choose a few versatile staples that you can use to create multiple looks:
- A lengthening or thickening mascara that suits your lashes. You can apply one or more layers, coat your bottom lashes if you like, concentrate on your outer lashes for a more striking look—there are so many possibilities!
- A black eyeliner that’s fine enough to draw a subtle line, precise enough to create a cat eye, and intense enough to finish off a smoky look.
- A moisturizing lip gloss that will hydrate your lips while giving them a pop of colour. Depending on how much you apply, you can opt for a slightly tinted effect or a bold, vibrant look.
- Air Volume Mega Mascara by L’Oréal Paris. The whipped formula adds volume to your lashes without weighing them down and stays smudge-free for 24 hours.
- Maybelline New York Eyestudio Master Precise All Day Liquid Eyeliner. The ultra-fine tip and deep colour make this the perfect eyeliner for precision work.
- NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss. This creamy, luxurious product can be worn alone or over lipstick. Luscious lips guaranteed!
Pamper your hair
Like your skin, your hair also needs a good routine.
- Use a shampoo enriched with keratin or another protein to strengthen your hair without harming it.
- Apply a conditioner a few times a week to give your hair extra moisture.
- If necessary, give your locks an intensive treatment with a nourishing mask.
- If you dye your hair, look for products designed specifically for coloured hair.
- L’Oréal Paris Hair Expertise Total Repair 5 Shampoo. Enriched with proteins and cicamide, this shampoo makes hair thick, strong, luscious, shiny, and soft. What more could you ask for?
- L’Oréal Paris Hair Expertise Total Repair 5 Conditioner. This product complements the shampoo by enhancing the effects of its active ingredients.
- Le Color Gloss by L’Oréal Paris. Easy to use, this salon-inspired product is designed to take care of colour-treated hair while highlighting its natural hues.
Rethink your manicure
Give your nails the royal treatment.
- Make sure you have the right tools: nail scissors, a quality file, a nail buffer, and a cuticle pusher should all be in your arsenal.
- Apply a base coat and a top coat: these products will strengthen your nails and make your polish last longer.
- Whether or not you use a manicure lamp, look for a polish that’s durable and non-streaky.
- Use an acetone-free nail polish remover that’s gentle on your nails.
- Essie Nail Polish, a long-lasting classic with a soft, glossy finish.