Apo Benzydamine gargle 0.15%
This medication is typically used to relieve a sore throat. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.Find a Pharmacy
Do not swallow this gargle. Because the product will temporarily numb your mouth and/or throat, you should wait at least 30 minutes after use before eating, to reduce your risk of choking. To use:
- take a small quantity in your mouth;
- tilt your head back and gargle;
- spit it out after about 30 seconds.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause a stinging sensation;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.