Prom, gala, birthday party... these are all perfect occasions to dare to wear unique and dazzling make-up. Getting ready for your next festive event? Here are the best tricks to shine among all the guests.
Metallic eyelids (and false eyelashes!)
Dare the metallic texture to create an unparalleled look. And the good thing is, there are so many shades available: silver, gold, pink gold… Here are a few foolproof makeup tips:
- Apply your metallic eyeshadow on your upper eyelid and use matte textures in the inner and outer corner of your eye as well as in the crease of your eyebrow.
- Create an ombré effect by combining three colours of the same hue – for instance: light beige in the inner corner of your eye, gold on your upper eyelid, and warm brown in the outer corner.
Want an even more intense gaze? Try false eyelashes! There are several kinds that are incredibly easy to apply. Whether your prefer a more natural look or a bold one, you’ll find the ones that suit you... and your eyes! If you don’t feel like handling glue you can try one of their magnetic lashes. Simply apply a mini magnet strip on your eyelid and then apply the lashes!
Wondering which colour will really make your eyes pop? Here are a few tips!
- Brown eyes: plum, purple, teal
- Blue eyes: peach, brown, copper
- Green eyes: warm tones such as pink, burgundy, deep browns
A vibrant lipstick
If you're adventurous, try bright colours such as deep red or bright pink, as well as glossy finishes! We recommend applying a matte red in the colour of your choice on your entire lips with a bit of gold lip gloss in the middle. This will give your lips a plump look!
Keep in mind: in order to maintain a balance between your eyes and lips, ask yourself if you want the focus to be on your gaze or your smile before choosing your lipstick colour. The answer will also depend on your preferences and how much time you have!
- If you want to use dazzling colours and matte textures, you need to make sure your lines are crisp and clean! Take the time to contour your lips with a pencil before applying your lipstick. You can even fill in your lips to create a base – this will also ensure your lipstick doesn’t fade!
- Smudged your lipstick? Don’t panic! A bit of concealer and a small brush will help you hide any mistakes without having to resort to a makeup remover or altering your lip line.
A radiant complexion
Don't hesitate to highlight your natural glow! The goal is to conceal imperfections without looking like you’re wearing a layer of makeup. You can’t go wrong if you choose a hydrating, transparent foundation with a bit of loose powder to cover any shiny areas.
- Add a dab of illuminator on the tip of your cheekbones to brighten your complexion. But remember not to go overboard! We recommend you apply the illuminator before your foundation to reduce any shine while giving off the impression your glow is a natural one!
- A matte bronzing powder will warm your complexion and give your skin a bit of colour. Apply it downwards from your temples, under your cheekbones, and along your jaw in a giant figure 3 to shape your face.
When it comes to eyebrows, it’s all about minimalism. Simply use a long-lasting brow gel to set them the way you want. Or use a clear gel if your eyebrows are already thick. And use a tinted product if you want to emphasize your eyebrows. Easy as 1, 2, 3!
To obtain a natural look, first brush your eyebrows in the opposite direction of the hair growth and then in the direction of the hair growth. You’ll be making them look fuller and more textured.
Last updated on December 2, 2022
Personalized makeup tips
Want to refresh your makeup kit for the holidays? Our cosmetic specialists will be happy to help you choose the products that meet your needs or find new ones you’re sure to love! Head to your nearest Brunet to meet with them.
Other articles for beautiful evenings
Lip makeup tips for a radiant smile
Foolproof makeup tips for flawless eyes
Prom Beauty Guide : a divine tan and luminous makeup
Discover other makeup ideas
Our Holiday Guide is filled with makeup products you can give a loved one… or yourself! This is the perfect opportunity to get the products you want.